Monday, July 14, 2008

Juggling The Frogs According To Size

I ended my hectic Monday by sorting out and starting to enumerate the ‘Frogs’ I need to eat for tomorrow. I planned ahead of time, which I got used to doing after reading Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog!” 3 months ago. By far, I’m enjoying the benefits of the discipline by being more productive and time efficient.
Anyway, here’s a stack of what I need to accomplish tomorrow:

* I need to report to the clinic by 9 am
* Lunch conference with our head nurse
* 2 Home Visitations
* An hour Career talks at my sister’s symposium about First-Aid Emergency Procedures in the afternoon
* Pick-up the kids by 5pm

Though I usually let my assistant plan my day, I now enjoy the liberty of doing so. She now runs other errands for me. I personally started doing it for discipline and my determination to stop procrastination, which I was guilty of. I now have the skill and knowledge so why not apply it? Time management is very essential when you’re in the medical profession. A split second is someone’s life.

Going back to my day, everything was well planned. Everything was scheduled. By applying the principles of Brian Tracey’s book, “Eat That Frog”, I meticulously followed the basic steps like:

* Thinking on Paper
* Planning your day ahead
* Goal setting
* Implementation
* Observing deadlines
* And using the 80-20 rule to basically manage my time

Our profession in the medical field comes in different schedules that’s why knowing what to prioritize first is very essential in rendering our care. I can say that “Eat That Frog!” is a masterpiece in helping everyone who needs to develop time management in reaching success. The more we focus and prioritize, the more effective we become as professionals.

No comments: