Monday, July 14, 2008

My Mum's Errands



My mum woke me up by calling at 5 am and asked me to do a bunch of ‘last minute’ favors. I basically had to run her errands since she’s not feeling well. She also imposed the tasks to be completed since; she cannot attend on these before leaving for Norway in two days. Before hanging up I asked her if I could let someone do it for me, and she gladly agreed as long as, everything will be accomplished. Her errands, by the way, I call as ‘pick-ups’:



* Pick-up her friend from the airport who was arriving from Sydney
* Pick-up the spring rolls she ordered from a friend and bring it back her house
* Pass by Aunt Ruby’s house for her luggage – which was borrowed from her
* And lastly, bring her 2 Labradors “Missy & Jicko” in a local kennel inn


What a disaster!

If I was the ‘me’ before learning about the book, “Eat That Frog!”, all my anticipated frogs for today will be growing fatter and uglier. Though I don’t intend not to eat it or might just procrastinate and say "later" and probably never get 'round to it. I’m torn! Now, my adrenalin rushes through my system. With the glibness of my tongue, I guess I can make something sound really true. But, that wasn’t taught in Brian Tracy’s book, “Eat That Frog!” neither do I want to do it. So, I have no choice but to deliver my previous engagements and my mum’s errands a.k.a. “HER FROGS”. Owning somebody else’s ‘frogs’ aren’t exciting but extremely challenging. I juggled all the frogs with focus, determination, and skill topped with reversed psych excitement and management. Isn’t it a game plan? So, what I did:
* I called my assistant and advised her to come over my house before 9 a.m. to use my other vehicle as her mode of transportation in running my mum’s errands and,
* Gave her my extra credit card (for emergency purposes)


I have been mastering the art of delegating through Brian Tracy’s ‘Eat That Frog!’ By delegating your so-called ‘tadpoles’, your productivity rate and performance won’t be harmed. If I was the same old girl before, I’d practically do everything myself and just procrastinate.

By the way, I got my free Ebook at http://www.eatthatfrog.com.au Check it yourself! It’s really stirring and advantageous.

No comments: