Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I’ve Overcome My ‘Weight Problem’ By Eating That Frog (Testimonial Series)

I am a successful Senior Head of a reputable company. With such position come heavy loads of task and responsibilities everyday. I had a set of ways in doing things, but was further harnessed in one memorable seminar. I met my wife there by the way. Anyways, I once attended this Eat That Frog seminar. I listened to Brian Tracy’s concepts and principles and applied it in the office. It completely changed my life. I always yielded the quickest and expected results. I became more effective with my management by being goal oriented. I learned to practice brief morning meetings only discussing about daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly goals. I am always loaded with tons of responsibilities everyday but managed to eat that frog.

I am now living as a single dad of 3 kids. I’m tremendously loving and enjoying it but it harmed my strategy in work.

It was not too long ago; when my wife took her last breathe after giving birth to our twins due to some complications.



I lost hope and wanted to kill myself when I saw the flat line in front of me. “Clear!” shouted the doctor, “clear!” responded the nurse. I can’t believe it was happening right before my very eyes. I was in denial and wanting to wake up from a very bad dream. It pierced my heart and went through my soul! It was really painful. I lost a woman I loved so much.

Now, our twins “Frederico and Angela” are both 8 months old.

Though my mum and my sister assisted me, I can’t rely on them anymore for they too have their own lives. My eldest Juri, who is 4 years old recently, started play school. His class is only half day so I usually pick him up in his friend’s house just two blocks away our house. Good thing our company has a daycare where I can bring the twins at work and just check at them if I do have the chance.

The biggest frogs are always there, that’s for a fact. I’ve become so successful with my career by applying the Eat That Frog principles why can’t I do it in my household. So, to make the long story short, by eating those ‘overweight’ frogs FIRST practically made me feel weightless.

No comments: